Pages

24 May 2011

AMPERSAND.

am·per·sand  (ˈæmpəˌsænd) n.
1. the character (&), meaning and : Brett & Ashley.
2. comes from an old Roman system of shorthand signs (ligatures), attested in Pompeiian graffiti.
3. In old schoolbooks the ampersand was printed at the end of the alphabet and thus by 1880s had acquired a slang sense of "posterior, rear end, hindquarters."


If I were a button on the keyboard, I would be the ampersand. The ampersand is lucky--placed strategically above number seven (and to the left. I am left-handed.)

This simple symbol connects two lives to form one meaning. It's a love symbol. Brett & Ashley.

The ampersand is the most fun to draw when writing, like graffiti. It's artistic and expressive, and sometimes challenging to create the perfect loops. I'm always up for a good challenge.

I like horses, and whenever I hear the word "hindquarters," I think of my once-upon-a-time-horse Skip, and the way his skin smelled. The ampersand is full of memories.

The ampersand has depth, character, & individuality--just like me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment