Pages

27 June 2011

FARM CITY.

I'm reading a book called Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer. So far I've loved it. This woman lives in Oakland, CA in a small apartment along the urban streets. Behind her complex lies an empty lot which she turns into a garden and home for her dozens of chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.

Random neighbors and homeless people benefit from this garden along with her apple, lemon, fig, and orange trees. I'm only a couple chapters in, but it's inspired me to live providently and find joy through work.

I totally want to plant fruit trees and expand my garden. I feel like we live in a lazy world now-a-days, and I want my children to participate in fun work. What better way than to make a mini urban farm?

1 comments:

Megan said...

I'm pretty sure this makes me a stalker, but after you said you blogged and I forgot to ask you what your blog was, I googled like crazy until I found you. I love your blog! And Farm City sounds really interesting--I'll have to check it out.

Post a Comment